- Wholesale prices of catalog parts can be 50% cheaper. Mass production cost can be under $2000.
- Sell price $3000 to $5000.
- Hybrids are much more expensive and complex than regular cars, but their fuel efficiency justifies their high price. Is 30% fuel efficiency worth $5000? Compared to Hybrids, our CVT requires far less R&D, is far less complicated, and far cheaper alternative to increase fuel efficiency.
- A Law that requires automakers to build cars that average 40 mpg in the state of California is imminent (Law AB 1493). To comply with this law, change is necessary, regardless of whether it is profitable or not. Our CVT might be the cheapest solution to satisfy this law.
- Instead of spending R&D on squeezing out every single mpg out of the current technology, it might be easier to try something new.
- The cost difference between a Civic Sedan and a Civic Hybrid is $8,245 (link). And a VMT CVT costs $15,000 according to their website. The cost of an Alternate CVT is about $3000, which is the cost of a regular transmission it replaces,while providing enormous improvement in fuel efficiency and acceleration
1. Solenoids (link)
2. Pneumatic actuator (link)
3. Pneumatic compressor (link)
4. Spring (link)